• BL40 balancers are designed to support GBS 40Ah, 60Ah and 100Ah cells.
When multiple Li-ion cells are connected in series forming a battery pack, it is important to maintain capacities of the cells within a tight distribution. This is achieved by implementing balancing circuits, which discharge cells at high SOC levels while allowing cells at low SOC levels to be charged further. This results in a higher overall pack capacity. For a small battery pack (16 cells or fewer), using cell balancers is a simple and low cost alternative compared to a BMS system.
• BL40 Balancer Product Specifications:
- One balancer per cell
- Nominal Cell Voltage: 3.20V
- Load Turn On Voltage: 3.55V
- Load Current: 0.50A
- Idle Current: 0.001A
- Green LED On: Battery connected
- Read LED On: Load turned on