• EMS-CPU (with CAN) Product Description:
EMS-CPU (with CAN) contains a computer unit which supports CAN communication, a shunt sensor measuring pack current and a cable connecting to sense boards (4-cell strings). The computer unit interfaces to sense boards (daisy chain), shunt sensor and provides alarm outputs, video output and CAN communication output. The computer is powered by a 12V DC source. Sensor boards (which quantity varies with pack size) and an optional LCD screen are sold separately.
• Energy Management System (EMS) Parts Ordering
The following parts need to be ordered based on your battery pack requirement:
- 1x EMS-CPU (no CAN) OR 1x EMS-CPU (with CAN). The difference between the two CPU systems is without or with CAN communication option. Both systems include a system computer, a shunt sensor for pack current measurement and a cable connecting the CPU to daisy chain of 4-cell strings.
- A number of EMS-4SB. Each EMS-4SB contains four sense boards connected as a 4-cell string. If you have a 100-cell pack, you will need 25x EMS-4SB strings to be daisy chained together.
- 1x EMS-LCD (optional). An optional LCD screen for display.
• Energy Management System (EMS) Overview
The Energy Management System is designed for Li-ion battery pack using GBS 40Ah, 60Ah or 100Ah cells. The system components include a CPU, sample boards (connected as a daisy chain), a cable connecting the sample boards to the CPU, a shunt sensor and an optional LCD screen. The features of the Energy Management System are:
- Designed for battery packs using GBS 40Ah, 60Ah or 100Ah cells
- A distributed system measuring voltage and temperature of each Li-ion cell
- Daisy chain connection supporting up to 144 cells
- Cell balancing
- Integrated Ground Fault Detection and alarm output
- Pack voltage measurement
- Pack SOC calculation
- Low voltage and high voltage alarm cutoff outputs
- Optional CAN communication output
- Composite video output
- Made in the U.S.A.
• EMS Product Specifications:
- Items Displayed: Pack voltage, current and capacity on main screen, individual cell number, cell voltage and cell temperature on detail screen(s).
- CPU Power: 8-20V, 120mA
- Battery Voltage: 12-500V
- Number of Cells Supported: up to 144
- Shunt Input: 500A = 50mV
- Voltage Resolution: 0.1V
- Current Resolution: 1A
- Temperature Range: -99F to +199F or -146 to +92C
- Video Output: Composite Video, Color, NTSC
- Measurement Accuracy: <1% of Full Scale
- Measurement Speed: 3 times per second main screen; 1 time per second detail screen(s).
- Cell Voltage: 2.00 to 4.50V
- Balancing Threshold Voltage:3.55V
- Balancing Current: 0.5A
- Digital Output Current: 4A Surge for 100mS;2A Continuous
- Output Delay (default): 30 seconds
- Ground Fault Detection: 2mA (5000 Ohm/Volt)
- CPU Size: 144 x 66 x 47 mm
- Shunt Size: 3.25 x 1.75 x 1.75 in